In our school, education is seen as a joint effort between the family and the school. As a result, we not only look for students with the ability to achieve academic success, but also families committed to our educational program and adopting our school’s educational philosophy.
ANDINO CUSCO INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL does not administer academic or psychological evaluations to students applying to the Early Childhood program through First Grade. Families are interviewed and admission decisions are based on the profile of families we look for.
Starting in Second Grade, in addition to looking for families that share our educational philosophy, we assess students’ abilities and potential to meet the objectives of this demanding bilingual program.
Applications for admission are considered based on order of submission according to availability.
The Admission Committee, comprised of Coordinators, the Psychologist, and the Principal, is responsible for this process.
|1. Read the information on our web page: www.andinoschool.edu.pe|
|2. Visit the school (optional). An appointment can be made by contacting:email@example.com|
|3. Pay the application fee Early childhood through First Grade(S/.100.00) Second Grade and beyond (S/.200.00)|
|5. Attend interview and/or evaluations.|
|6. If admitted, pay fees by date indicated by the school. One-Time-Only-Entrance Fee or Registration Fee must be paid by the date indicated (up to two weeks after receiving the admissions decision). ENTRANCE FEE DISCOUNT AND PAYMENT PLAN|
|7. Submit required documents prior to official registration in January..|
2018 / 2019 / 2020 ADMISSION
- We continue to receive applications for the 2018 school year until August according to availability in each grade.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The admissions process for the 2019 school year occurs at certain times during the year according to vacancies.
- The next application deadline is June 11th for the June 18th – 20th process.
- Other application dates can be scheduled according to availability. For more information, contact email@example.com
- The school only receives applications for admission to 2020 school year for Toddlers (two year olds) and Preschool (three year olds) during certain times of the year according to availability. Admissions interviews take place according to scheduled times during the year according to availability.
- Next application process deadline: June 11th for June 18 – 20 process.
- A copy of student’s and parents’ Peruvian DNI – or birth certificate or passport for international students.
- Completed and signed application form provided by the school.
- L- Report card for most recently completed grade as well as for months of the current year (for students applying to Second Grade and beyond).
- Pay the application fee: Early childhood through First Grade(S/.100.00) Second Grade and beyond (S/.200.00)
- Applicants must have reached the required age for each grade by March 31st of the corresponding year and/or provide approved documentation for the previous grade.
- Families of students transferring from a Peruvian school must provide a “Ficha Única de Matrícula” (starting with Pre-Kinder).
- Families must follow the school admissions process.
- Families must have read and agreed to follow the School Regulations (Reglamento Interno) as well as other key documents. See Important Documents.
- Families must share our school’s philosophy and pedagogical approach.
Additional requirements for applicants to second grade or higher:
- Applicants must have the necessary social skills to interact appropriately with their peers and adults.
- Applicants must have an adequate academic level for the grade to which they are applying and cognitive abilities commensurate to their age.
- Applicants must have oral and written expression and comprehension skills, both in Spanish and English, commensurate with the grade to which they are applying.
- Applicants must demonstrate appropriate behavior for the grade so that they can participate actively and effectively at school.
We seek families that:
- Prioritize the well-being of their children regardless of the pressures of work or other responsibilities.
- Follow the school’s specific recommendations for the well-being of the student including: evaluations, therapies, or other recommendations.
- Share and demonstrate the school’s philosophy and profile.
- Understand the methodology and style of our school.
- Actively participate in school meetings and activities such as: report card meetings, appointments set by the school, meetings, workshops, and extracurricular activities.
- Communicate directly with the school with respect and openness about their worries and concerns.
- Fulfill their administrative obligations with the school in a timely manner.
We receive applicants with special education needs; each case is evaluated based on the school’s ability to provide an educational program that meets the specific long-term needs and goals of the student.
- Having a sibling at the school.
- Being able to communicate in more than one language such as Spanish, English, or Quechua.
- Maintaining a gender balance in the classroom.
If there are more applicants than available spots, all applicants who register by the date indicated will be considered and students will be accepted based on the following criteria:
All families must have read the School Regulations (Reglamento Interno), the family handbook for the corresponding level, as well as the various policies of our school. Enrolling in our school means that families understand and agree to uphold all of the regulations of our school. See important documents
Our School contemplates two special applications:
|REGISTRATIONFEE||TUITION||One-Time ONLY ENROLLMENT FEE|
|850 soles||875 soles||5500 soles|
|REGISTRATIONFEE||PENSIÓN||One-Time ONLY ENROLLMENT FEE|
|870 soles||895 soles||5500 soles|
REGISTRATION FEE: A registration fee is paid once a year; the payment deadline for the 2019 registration fee is January 7, 2019. Registration fees are non-refundable.
MONTHLY TUITION: : 10 monthly tuition payments are made from March to December. The monthly tuition includes:
- Teaching materials (no school supplies list to purchase).
- Field trips and visits, no fees are required for admission or transportation (however overnight trips or camping are optional and paid for by families).
- Art, music and theatre classes (included in the regular school schedule depending on the grade).
- In Secondary School, technical support and laptop loan services are included.
Students who obtained an automatic discount in 2014, and have maintained the conditions of the discount, will continue to enjoy this benefit. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who require financial assistance in 2019 should apply in advance; financial aid is only available starting in the second year at the school.
ONE-TIME-ONLY ENTRANCE FEE: This fee is only paid once, upon acceptance for the first time to our school.Those students currently in Toddlers, Preschool and Pre-Kinder in 2018 must pay the entrance fee by November 15, 2018. The one-time-only entrance fee for siblings of current students is discounted by 50%.This fee must be paid within two weeks after receiving notice of admission. The entrance fee is non-refundable, except for particular conditions, see ENTRANCE FEE DISCOUNT AND PAYMENT PLAN
APPLICATION FEE: Families must pay an application fee of S/.100 in order to apply for admission to Toddlers, Preschool, Pre-Kinder, Kinder and First Grade.The application fee is S/. 200 for Second Grade and above.The application fee is non-refundable.
The following are additional administrative aspects to keep in mind when becoming part of our educational community:
- In addition to tuition, there is an annual registration fee and a one-time-only entrance fee (paid when admitted for the first time).
- The application fee, one-time-only entrance fee, registration fees and tuition are non-refundable, except for particular conditions, see link: ENTRANCE FEE DISCOUNT AND PAYMENT PLAN
- Monthly tuition must be paid by the last day of the corresponding month at Caja Municipal Cusco, but may be paid beforehand. The tuition for the month of December must be paid in the first half of the month. Starting the day after tuition is due, a late fee of 0.015% per day will be charged.
- Families who wish to pay for the entire school year up front receive a discount. Interested families should contact the school administrative office by emailing email@example.com
- Annual tuition is divided into 11 payments: 10 monthly tuitions and one annual registration fee. If a child travels or is absent for a prolonged period of time, the institution expects that tuition will continue to be paid in a timely fashion.
- If a child is to be withdrawn from the school, an official letter must be sent to the school principal. The school will not just assume that a child is being withdrawn if tuition is not paid or absences occur resulting in accrued debt.
- Families who are not up to date with their monthly tuition payments are unable to access the SieWeb platform through which information is shared with families and students. Neither can they receive school transcripts or register for the following school year until all past due tuition has been paid.
- Starting with the 2019 school year, all new students must pay the one-time-only-entrance fee without exception. Students who started attending school earlier who haven’t made this payment (Toddlers, Preschool and Pre-Kinder) must do so by November 15th, 2018.
- Siblings of current students receive a 50% discount off this fee.
- Starting in 2nd Grade, international students new to the Peruvian education system must pay a fee (depending on the grade) to validate previous studies.
All families must have read the School Regulations (“Reglamento Interno”), the school handbook for the corresponding level as well as the numerous School Policies. Upon registering a child, families are accepting all school regulations and policies.
2018-2019 Important Dates
|2018 school registration deadline||January 5th|
|First 2018 school open house for families||February 28th|
|First day of school in 2018||March 5th|
|2018 school vacations||May 14th - 18th, July 23rd- August 3rd, October 8th-12th|
|First 2019 admission process||June 18th – 21st|
|2019 school registration deadline||January 7th, 2019|
Scholarships And Financial Aid
There are scholarships available from the school and NGOs. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our financial aid program enables us to provide temporary assistance to families experiencing economic difficulties. To apply for financial aid, families should have been enrolled at school for at least a year and submit all requested financial document. If accepted, the school will inform the family as to the percentage and duration of the aid up to a year, not indefinitely. The financial aid application deadlineSee-> Scholarships and social assistance